Yesterday, I was supposed to finalise a set of accounts and fun a payroll but oh, boy, I really didn't want to.  after all, it was Saturday  why should I have to work on a Saturday?  Saturday is a time for playing...............so that is just what I did (Ssshh! Don't tell my hubbie ;!) ).

I spent the afternoon messing in Photoshop using the following kit from Armina Designs and Laitha's Designs:




I was actually given the full collection bundle to work with as I fell in love with the accent clusters (shown in the centre of the collection bundle preview below)when I saw them:




But actually, when I downloaded the kit and took a closer look, it was absolutely gorgeous.  I'd not seen any of Armina Designs' work before and I have to say  it is really lovely.  The papers are amazing, truly amazing and really, the preview just does not do them justice. I dream of being able to create papers like some of the ones in this kit, so go take a look, I can promise you that you won't be disappointed!

I knew before I got the bundle that I wanted to make some cards using the accent clusters but I could not resist using the papers too.  So, I made a set of eight cards and have had dreadful trouble trying to photograph them - I actually spent.  less time making the cards than I did taking the photos! Despite photographing some of these outside this morning, I just could not get it right.  Probably the damp, misty morning and using my purple stamping pad didn't help, so I had to discard those.  Then I tried inside my office (100% artificial light :(). I managed to get this one:




However, you can see that these are far from perfect so I tried again just taking a shot of each card....the following close ups are a mixture of the least worst photos!

See what I mean about the papers:





I know it has come up with a purple tinge, but isn't that one of the most gorgeous papers you've ever seen?  All I had to do was add ribbon and the card didn't need anything else.  And take a look at this one:



I used a Stampin' Up! stamp and punch for this although really, it didn't need it as the paper speaks for itself!  

For the accent clusters, all I did was print the cards and add some Stampin' Up! Dazzling Details Silver Sparkle (silver glitter glue in other words!):




It is such a quick and easy way to the clusters and make a simple but effective card.  For the cards made using the clusters, I just added pearls and gems:






Genuinely, it has taken longer to take the photos and blog about the cards than it did top make them!  If you've ever had any doubts about your capabilities as a card maker, then just try doing something similar yourself, it is so quick and easy with a digital kit, and if you have some ribbon, brads and so on in your stash, you can really make the printed card pop!

I have my eye on another kit now, so am off to ban that one!  Have a lovely Sunday afternoon, and if you do make some cards, let me have a look!  I'd love to see them :)

Happy scrapping!

0 comments: